SCSAR Member Spotlight
1. Name: Shirley Ball
2. Hometown: Greer
3. How many years have you been with us? Since April 2019
4. What is your role with us? Ground pounder—and now K9 Handler in Training
5. What is your occupation? R&D Product Development Manager at AFL in Duncan
6. What do you enjoy most about volunteering with us? Being able to serve our community while being on an incredible team of volunteers
7. What is the hardest part of the volunteer work you do with us? Work/Family/Life/Volunteerism balance—wanting to participate at times that I have family or work commitments
8. What are your hobbies? Trail running, Camping, Hiking, Traveling, SCUBA diving, Sailing, Pottery, and some fiber arts like knitting, sewing (quilting), crocheting. Dog Training shall become my number one hobby now, though!
9. What is your favorite travel spot? Tough question—I love many places for different reasons. Favorite places I’ve been for work or vacation include Vancouver BC, Seattle WA, Northwestern France, Wales and England, St Lucia, Cozumel MX, Guangzhou China…
10. What is your motto or personal mantra? When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Life is challenging sometimes—but looking for the positives in every situation, and choosing to fight (not flight) in the face of adversity…is what I like to strive towards.